Saturday, June 9, 2012

Small Town Indeed.

Population 9,000. I have never resided in a town this small. Now that I'm here. I feel like I should have mastered a trade. Then again, I most definitely would not be here if I went into an other profession. The weather has warmed up. The wind off the sea water keeps a constant chill in the air. This makes walking up the hills great. Once you get to the top the cold air brings the body temperature down. The walks up the hills and around the town are the best. Only time I really fell like I'm not being pulled around. I'm not saying that in a negative way. Even though there is only one way to interpret that statement. I am just used to figuring things out on my own. I am learning to cope with it and know that everything is being done is out of love. The other day I went to the midwife with Gunnhild. It felt great to be apart of the meeting. Now I am not just a person that is talked about in hopes that one day I may show my face. The reality of everything is starting to settle in. All information to do with getting prepared is every so conveniently printed in Norwegian. In time you will be mine, in time. I have found, hopefully similar, information online. I love how people make profits on telling other people how to raise their children. I wonder if these authors read other parenting writings. I also think it is interesting how people live for this information. For sure there is room for suggestions but there should be more room for intuition. Not just mother's intuition either. I know my place though. Along side of getting ready for B-Day, I have also started to integrate my self in to the Norwegian system. It must be tough being a D-Boy around here. These guys at Tele2 need a social number to get a pay as you go phone. That goes for any pay as you go phone on any network. Well as the saying goes. Foreigners have to go to an authorized retailer and get them to fax your information to the provider. Moral of the story is that I had to wait a few day to activate my phone. Just found out that the world was ending as well. I would have to say that one of the best things about being  here is that there is no Wal-Mart. What a miracle. I would rather locals screw my family out of our money rather than Sammy "Why Can't I Own The World" Walton and his arsenal of puppets. So peaceful. Speaking of big things, more or less big headed people. I had the chance to travel through the world's deepest tunnel. This thing would be the long board ride of a life time. Gunnhild, Suvimol and I took a trip yesterday to Ulsteinvik. They hold an annual festival. Lots of good food and knock off goods. I don't think you can ever escape those. Suvimol is a women that is from Thailand, lives in Ørsta and is a friend of Gunnhild's family. She is by far the nicest women ever. The day before we ran into her at the local mall. We decided to go eat food at her house and exchange a few stories. She found out that it was my birthday next week and was ever so kind to give me a present. Without saying I can't wait to open it on Wednesday. I guess a lot of small events happen around here. Yesterday there was an all women 5k race that Dagrun took part in. Looked like they were having a good time with it. Traditional Indian belly dance routine to warm up. Women were dressed in costumes to run and all. I have never ran in an organized race ever. I think I will make that happen by the end of this summer. Have to step my game up though. Find my self dragging my butt up these hills to get to the top. Speaking of the hills. I got lost today coming back down from one. The trails lead off in so many directions. It was a little intense but I made it out. Made it out about 2.5 km from where I started. The flies were at my back the whole time like they were just waiting for me to drop. Thankfully I have a decent sense of direction. I could use some direction into finding work though. Like I said before a trade could come in hand right about now. It bothers me just to waste away. Maybe I spoke to soon about all the luck in the world? I'm sure something will turn up. I feel that I may be turning some of my  frustration on my better half. She does not deserve that. Especially when she is with our child. You are doing so good right now. I can not express how much I am ever in her debt. Much love to you my baby boo. With love comes happiness. Happiness overcame hardships. With hardships grows strength. With strength nothing else matters. Nothing else matters but us. Till next time small world from a small town.           

No comments:

Post a Comment