Friday, June 15, 2012

Vermont Cheese Is Way Better.


Action packed week filled with birthdays. On Wednesday, I celebrated in Norway. It was a great day. Lovely gifts and great hospitality. That day, I finally tried the ever so hyped kebab pizza. It was basically a shawarma pizza. Seasoned beef on the cheese then topped with salad. It was good but you know you can never believe the hype. Some hype that could be believed is that I found me a job. I was asked if I would like to work the Nynorsk festspela. I obviously jumped on the opportunity. Yesterday I went in for the interview at the Ivar Aasen tunet. This building's architecture is amazing. A very modern concept building a top of a hill across from the airport. As you follow the asphalt, with a chic grass strip through the middle, up the winding road. You are then greeted by a grass topped stone house. I think it may be maintenance storage. In front of that is a small outdoor amphitheater. The main building is to the left. Open patio with tall bay windows. Comprised of concrete and open windows. The layout lets all natural light in. Being that it was built by the best architech in Norway. I'm sure that it was handled in the best of manners. The reason for this building is that Ivar Aasen is a very popular man. Being that the Ørsta community is his home town. In the mid 1800 he left the life of hard labour to dedicate his time to his native dialect. He then traveled Norway to study the different dialects of his nation. Out of hard work and perseverance came the "Grammar of Norwegian Dialects." His language was then transformed in to what is known as nynorsk today. The tunet is more or less a museum to the nynorsk language. When Gunnhild and I arrived we were met by our landlord. He was the one that put my foot in the door. Then had a conversation with a man in charge. I was then told that all the paid positions had been filled but they where accepting volunteers. I was a little discouraged but thought that any work is still a foot in the door. It would also be a good way to start to build a resume from Norway. After I agreed he brought me to a women that was in charge of the volunteers to just get introduced. While I was downstairs talking about meetings before the festival. Gunnhild was up stairs talking to Milan, our landlord. He was in need of a souschef for the event. This was indeed a paid position. Gunnhild knowing that I have had experience in a kitchen. She then rebutted that I could be a possible choice. As I was just about to go back up stairs. I was approached by Milan and the general manager and was asked if I would like a paid position working in the kitchen. In side I was jumping for the sky but I modestly accepted. I'm sure there are some people out there reading that saying, "Well let's see if he actually gets his ass up for the job." Lets get some facts straight cruel world. Last year I had the opportunity to work at Walt Disney World. Some people may have thought of this job as the final frontier. I can say that I did not. This was just a nice stepping stone that I use ever so accordingly. At first I was dedicated to the organization and their views. My chosen life style came in to play and held me back from a promotion into a position to make more money. I could have changed my ways and possibly revived that lost position. I wasn't going to change my life for an organization that could careless. An organization that would drop you harder then the dow jones when they see fit. I eventually lost respect and just worked off my on morals and beliefs. My name will never be forgotten. I could careless about the money. Trust me. If I needed money I got it. Plus, there were some Trew assholes I had to work with. There were also some of the greatest superiors and co-workers I ever had the chance to work with. I love the balance of the opposites. I got the feeling that some people felt bad for me. I can say that I felt bad for myself at times. Looking back on it now. I feel bad for them. I know I had a more exciting and better time. Many thanks to the real people along the way. You guys know who you are. Live for self fulfillment along side of empathy for others. Patience was my perseverance and I always pay it forward. I do have to say  that I am glad for working there. If it wasn't for that contract I would not be in the situation I am in now. I loving this life right now. After talking with Milan about the menu, I found out it was his birthday. I then told him it was my birthday yesterday. What a coincidence. After a day of running around, Gunnhild and I went home to eat. Our door bell rang just about when the food was done. It was Milan. He asked us if we would like to join him with family and friends for cake after dinner. He also asked if I would like to join him after for a swim at the local pool. Dinner was spent and we set up our new TV. It was now time joined the festivities. Gunnhild and I had the chance to talk and mingle with Milan and other co-workers from Aasen tunet. Turned out to be a great time. Good deserts and great people. As we were leaving we found out it was Milan's daughter's birthday today. Too funny. Now it was pool time. I was just hoping that there was a diving board. Workman when you get out here we are hitting this shit up! Full size pool all to our selves. One 5 meter platform. Two 3 meter platforms. One with a spring board. Topped off with two 1 meter spring boards. Too dope. This was a great birthday week. Tomorrow I'm going to the farm to work and today it is time to have some fun in the sun with my babies! Take care cruel world.


P.S VERMONT CHEESE IS WAY BETTER!      

No comments:

Post a Comment