Monday, June 25, 2012

Even The Earth is Just Biding It's Time.


It is coming down to a battle of the mind these days. The country side here is so nice and I love the life style here, but there is always something in the back of my mind that wants more. Being inpatient could kill a person. Only thing to do is keep a clear head. It is strange how the mind works. No matter how good or bad you life situations are there will always be something wrong. It has always been a wild world. Even the earth can't help but change on a daily basis. Oh the daily struggle just to keep occupied. The hills I climb are the best source of keeping occupied. Its a battle of the mind every time. What really drives me is the sense of a new accomplishment and to leave my name at the summits. What I'm really waiting for is the fall to arrive. Aurora borealis and a sky filled with stars. Living in big cities my whole life, you are more likely to see more homeless people then stars in the sky. For now its endless sun and the count down to the big day. Before the big day it is time to get to work. The Nynorsk festival starts this week. I can't wait to get back into cooking. I miss working the line at the trattoria. Miss the good people and time spent. I was taught a lot from that place. Not only was I taught so much but I wasn't a stupid young adult. A stupid young adult that took advice, from older generations, for granted. If someone took the time to see that you have potential. If they took the time to invest their knowledge in you. Indulge in it. Whether it is out of tough love or just a story from the old days. Here is to Vittoria Trattoria. Watch you're penny loafer sons. After the week working at the festival, I hope to start working at Saga Fjord Hotel. Last week I had an interview there. The hotel is located in Sæbø. Small village located outside of Volda. This hotel has been servicing the Hjørundfjord area for many years, but it has undergone a face lift. Under new ownership, management and an 8.5 million dollar makeover. The newly renovated area look wonderful. On the downside the work is not finished. They are running behind schedule. This could be some what discouraging. Due to the fact that its a whole new look for the hotel. Catering to a whole new demographic. A setback like this could make or break the company. I do have great hopes in the company. Great location. The location is accessible by land, sea or air. It is a single level building. Rustic/modern style. New foyer, kitchen, dining room, bar and suites. What sets this hotel apart from any others is the fact that it has private cabin areas. A great location for the adventure traveler as well as the five star accommodation seeker. Great addition to the Sunnmøre community. I like the tight knit atmosphere of the community. Speaking of tight. It was Suvimol's birthday on Friday and the food was tight. We had the pleasure of having another great meal at her place. A wonderful seafood bisque with handmade spring rolls was prepared. After the wonderful food. We had an evening of wine and conversation with a more classy generation. Enjoyed a wonderful bottle of Hans Wirsching Riesling. It was in an unusual stelvin flat oval bottle called a Bocksheutel. This bottle is native to one of the thirteen wine regions in Germany. The Franconia region. If I had to pick a country as my favour wine producer. It would be Germany. I know there are older vines, better varietals and yada yada yada. Germany will always be my first choice. Another new addition to this week was being introduced to jonsokkaften. Jonsokkaften is a celebration for the turning of the sun. Being farther up north, people around here take in all the sun they can get. Festivities are held with BBQ, bon fires, and a whole lot of drinks. Someone also decided to push a boat out into the fjord and throw a life jacket along side it. People noticed it in the morning and the town called in a search team. No one had been reported missing but better safe then sorry. Coincidentally Gunnhild's cousin had been missing from the night before. Lets just say there was some panic that morning. In the end police found out that the boat and jacket was an elaborate prank and Jonas had stayed the night at a friends place. What an eventful start to the day. More events kicked off that night. I had the chance to meet more of Gunnhild's friends. Really nice people. Even found out about a local rapper. Still need to check it out. Not to sure what I'm in for. His name is Side Brok. Scratch that. Just had a little taste and this guy is comical. Funny beats. I'll take any laugh I can get these past few days. Last week I found out my good friend from back home had to bury his baby girl. Isza was her name and she was just over one month old. I couldn't believe the news when I heard it. It made me so upset and scared for my own unborn child. So helpless that I couldn't be there for Eric. It really sank in how far away from home I was and I wasn't to happy with it at all. It made me start thinking about that worst in things. The past few days I have had a lot to do to keep my mind occupied. Gunnhild and I sent flowers for the service today. I also sent a speech I would have giving in person. That gave me some peace in mind. Mad love goes out to Eric Romolock. I can only empathize the thoughts this situation has brought to you. Knowing you have a strong mind is good. I hope to see you soon. You are the only person that was living a similar situation as my self. Its not easy just to drop everything to work for what makes you sleep at night. People will have their views and opinions. Love, compassion, envy, hate, and the list goes on. In the end, everyone cares for each other just about as much as we care for everyone. Even the earth is just biding it's time. Take care unpredictable world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment